Things are brewing at Silly Goose these days, and we’re looking for one or two bright, motivated and passionate people to join our team – details below. If you’re passionate about supporting independent music, we want to hear from you!
What we do:
We support local music-making by working with artists, bands and musicians to develop skills, collaborate and promote independent music.
– supporting local music with community programs (including our landmark MixMaster program)
– releasing records
– booking shows
– working the merch stand
– producing videos
– planning workshops
– facilitating collaboration
– offering consultations
– promoting artists on social media
What we need:
We are looking for someone to join our team and take on some of our ongoing tasks as well as direct and plan some large scale projects. The ideal person will be someone who:
– is passionate about locally-produced music and art
– regularly attends live concerts, festivals and shows
– is energetic, a self-starter and an idea generator
– has great organizational skills and is not afraid of spreadsheets
– communicates effectively, clearly and promptly
– has experience with photography, video and social media platforms
– can write well
– is looking to build a career in the music industry
– is respectful and appreciative of all kinds of artistic and creative expression and identity
What you get:
Currently, this is not a paid position. Sorry. Our work can and does generate income, but it is project-based and is dependent on your entrepreneurialism and effort. You can call it an internship, if that would make you feel better.
Other things you get:
– access to decades of music industry experience and knowledge
– practical hands-on experience working with bands, venues, promoters, radio, media and a host of other industry roles
– technical experience with everything from WordPress to Photoshop, to grant applications, budgets and press releases
– the opportunity and apparatus to invent and execute your own projects, and try new ideas
– great connections and networking opportunities
– a fun way to spend evenings and get to meet interesting and artistic people
– lots and lots of music
If this sounds like you, send an email to email@example.com explaining in 250/300 words who you are and why you are a good fit. If you think it makes sense to include a resume, or links to an online presence or project, please do. If you and a friend would both be interested in joining the team, let us know that too.
We will reply to everyone who responds and will contact suitable candidates for an interview.
Thanks for your time and interest!